Awards & Certifications
For Robert C. Anderson:
- The John J. Reagan NAELA Writing Award for 2008 for his article “Estate Planning with Nonqualified Annuities – Navigating the Labyrinth.”
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) – One of 15 in Michigan and 11 in Wisconsin, by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) which is accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Elected to the Board of Directors of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) – First Upper Peninsula attorney to be elected. (2010 – present)
- Elected to NAELA’s Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP) on Jan 1, 2011. Members of the Council are recognized as innovators of the profession; instrumental in leading the future of Elder Law; a major source of speakers, writers, and leaders of NAELA programs and NAELA’s role models, providing a “vision” for NAELA and mentoring for NAELA members.
- Elected as attorney representative to the State Board of Accountancy by Governor James Blanchard (1987 – 1991).
- Fundraising award from the Hiawathaland Council/U.P. Boy Scouts of America.